London Ale Brewing Yeast - Apex Cultures
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Apex Cultures London comes from England. London has a powerful fermentation capacity and ferments very quickly. The final aroma is predominantly neutral but slightly estery. London Ale achieves very high sedimentation towards the end of fermentation and is a good selection for any Irish, English, French or Belgian ale, as well as hop forward American brews.
- Yeast: Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Dry matter: 95%
- Wild yeast: <103 cfu/g
- Total bacteria: <102 cfu/ml Lacto bacteria: <10 cfu/ml
DOSAGE AND USAGE
For homebrew use: Standard dosing is one packet per 5 gallons of wort. Sprinkle the yeast into the fermentation vessel directly onto the wort.
- In sterile water at 82-86°F
- Dissolve the yeast at 1:10 ratio
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Stir well for optimum yeast suspension
- Cool slurry slowly wort temperature by incrementally your wort into the slurry
- Add to fermenter
- Fermentation kinetics: fast, 7 days at 64°F (18°C)
- Fermentation temperature range: 61-75°F (16-24°C)
- Apparent attenuation: 75%
- Flocculation & sedimentation ability: high
- Dosage recommendation: 11.5g per 5 gallons of wort Alcohol tolerance: 9.5%
Click HERE for Tech Sheet