San Diego Ale Brewing Yeast - Apex Cultures
Shipping calculated at checkout.
San Diego has a high fermentation capacity and ferments quickly. Reduction of diacetyl is high, producing clean, crisp ales again and again. San Diego can be used with all types of American Ales like IPAs, pale ales, low to high alcohol ales.
- Yeast: Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Dry matter: 95% Wild yeast: <103 cfu/g
- Total bacteria: <102 cfu/ml
- Lacto bacteria: <10 cfu/ml
DOSAGE AND USAGE
For homebrew use: Standard dosing is one packet per 5 gallons of wort. Sprinkle the yeast into the fermentation vessel directly onto the wort.
- In sterile water at 82-86°F
- Dissolve the yeast at 1:10 ratio
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Stir well for optimum yeast suspension
- Cool slurry slowly wort temperature by incrementally your wort into the slurry
- Add to fermenter
- Fermentation kinetics: fast, 7 days at 68°F (20°C)
- Fermentation temperature range: 60-75°F (16-24°C)
- Apparent attenuation: 81%
- Flocculation & sedimentation ability: high
- Dosage recommendation: 11.5g per 5 gallons of wort
- Alcohol tolerance: 9%
Click HERE for Tech Sheet